Please use google drive web site for future posts.
- Visible Light power point/notes was started.
- Quarterly Date was announced: 10/29/13
- Periods 1, 2, 5 & 8 were given a take home quiz. This is due by Friday, or earlier.
- See me for the worksheet on visible light. The power point will be posted when we finish the notes so you can go back and complete.
- Take note of the date for your quarterly (10/29/13).
- If you are in periods 1, 2, 5 or 8 see me for the take home quiz.
- Print out review sheet for quarterly and complete. Anyone who needs extra help should see me after school Thursday in N5.
- Participated in the EM lab. This lab is due completed by Tuesday 11/22/13, or earlier. (There is a youtube video posted below that may help with understanding your lab)
- Quarterly date was announced. The quarterly will be on 11/30/13. The review sheet is posted below. The review sheet needs to be printed out and completed. Anyone who needs extra help with completing the quarterly needs to stay after in N5 on Thursday.
- Finish lab, due Tuesday.
- Print out review sheet and complete to help study for the quarterly.
- Current events are due by 11/30/13 or earlier.
- See me when you return for when you can make up the lab.
- Print out review sheet for quarterly and complete.
(Quarterly Review Sheet)
(You tube video on radiation to help with your lab)
- Participated in a Pre-Lab for tomorrow.
- Infrared videos were watched.
- Print out the lab below and read. See if you can fill in the "Predict" part of the chart for each light source.
- Watch the videos on infrared attached below.
- All students need to fill in the "Predict" part of their chart on the lab for each of the light sources.
- Notes were taken on infrared off of a power point.
- Use the power point below to fill in the worksheet (also attached below).
- Microwaves were discussed. Videos on microwaves were watched.
- Pull up the below attachment on microwaves and read.
- Watch videos.
- Two worksheets were given out: A diagram of the electromagnetic spectrum and an EM "cheat sheet"
- Two videos were watched on EM radio waves.
- An experiment on frequency and hearing was performed.
- See me for the two worksheets mentioned above.
- Watch the videos below and try the "mosquite ringtone" experiment.
- How does a radio work? This question was answered and notes were taken.
- See someone in class for the notes you missed while out. This is important because this information is not in your book.
- Reviewed wavelength to frequency relationship.
- Looked at working radios to make observations on how Electromagnetic Radio Waves are converted into sound.
- IF you have a radio, or the ability to look up a radio, see if you can make observations on how a radio converts EM radio waves into sound.
- There is no page of pain this week. You should use tonight to get this month's current event done. The current event is due 10/30/13.
- Rachel's Challenge: Students participated in Rachel's Challenge presentation/activity for the day.
- See Mrs. Stefanski for worksheet on how to complete your project on Rachel's Challenge.
- Page of Pain was collected.
- Notes on different waves was taken and discussed.
- Hand in page of pain when you return.
- Get notes from someone in class.
- Read Book #5 pages 4-9 for more information on what you missed.
- Energy quiz was taken today.
- Page of Pain due tomorrow.
- Reviewed for tomorrow's quiz.
- Made observations on the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Study for tomorrow's quiz.
- Show me your review sheet completed tomorrow for homework points.
- You can decide if you are ready to take the quiz tomorrow, or you can stay with me in N-5 after school to review and take the quiz on Friday.
- Look up the electromagnetic spectrum in your book (Book #5 pages 66-67, see figure 1) and write down 11 observations on what you see.
- Review sheet for Thursday's quiz was handed out. Students used their books, notes and a partner to start to complete. What is not finished needs to be done for homework. This is due by tomorrow.
- See me for a review sheet and complete or print out the one attached below.
- Current Event was handed in.
- Nuclear Energy at Bikini Atoll was finished.
- New page of pain was handed out and gone over.
- Hand in Current Event (please put absent on top).
- Make sure to get this week's page of pain.
- This week's page of pain due Friday or earlier.
- This month's current event due 10/30/13 or earlier.
- Page of Pain was handed in.
- Students were all reminded that Current Event is due on Monday. This assignment will not be accepted late. If your computer will not print out the template you need to write down the questions and answer them on a piece of paper.
- Documentary on Bikini Atoll was viewed.
- Current Event due Monday.
- Put "Absent" on the top of your page of pain and hand in on Monday.
- Sub work from Wed handed in.
- Power point from yesterday finished.
- Short videos on fission vs fusion watched.
- Make sure sub work handed in and use the power point below to finish your notes.
- Page of Pain due tomorrow.
- Current Event due Monday.
- Nuclear Energy was discussed and notes were taken using a power point.
- This month's current event is due on Monday at the latest. This are not accepted late so please hand in early.
- The sub work from yesterday is due tomorrow.
- Work on your current event.
- Use the power point attached below to catch up on notes.
- Read pages 4-13
- Define all highlighted words
- Answer, in full and complete sentences: Questions #1-4 on page 9 and Questions #1-4 on page 13.
- This was an in class assignment and anyone absent or who did not complete should hand in by Thursday.
Periods 1 & 2: State Test - No Class (Your page of pain this week was given out on Friday.)
Periods 5, 6 & 8:
- Page of Pain given out and gone over, this is due Friday or earlier.
- Old work was passed back and gone over.
- Make sure you have page of pain due Friday.
- See me for work that was passed back while you were out.
- Page of Pain handed in.
- Bill Nye: Energy video
- Be sure to hand in Page of Pain when you return, write "Absent" on top.
- Current event is due 9/30/13
- New PE & KE worksheet was given out. This is homework due tomorrow.
- Yesterday's PE & KE was gone over for correct answers/corrections.
- SGO test results were gone over.
- Page of pain and PE & KE worksheet are both due tomorrow.
- See me for PE & KE worksheet. Also see me if you are interested in knowing your SGO test result.
- PE & KE worksheet was gone over.
- PE & KE lab was handed in.
Period 1: PE & KE worksheet #2 given out. This is homework and due Friday.
- See me for PE & KE worksheets.
- Make sure to hand in your PE & KE lab.
- SGO test was administered.
- Potential/Kinetic Energy Lab due tomorrow.
- See me when you return to take the SGO test.
- Make sure lab is complete and ready to hand in tomorrow.
- This week's Page of Pain was handed out. This will be due Friday or earlier.
- Lab from Friday was continued. This lab is due by Wednesday.
- Page of Pain, due Friday.
- Potential-Kinetic energy lab due Wednesday.
- See me for the Page of Pain and on how to make up the lab.
- Page of Pain handed in.
- Lab: Potential and Kinetic Energy was started, to be finished on Monday.
- Put absent on the top of your page of pain and hand in.
- See me for a lab.
- Used the attachment below to further explore transfer of energy.
- Page of Pain due Tomorrow
- Don't forget to hand in your page of pain.
- Pull up the attachment below and answer the questions. Use someone elses class notes to check for understanding.
- Watched transfer of energy clip.
- Took notes on the difference between potential and kinetic energy. Examples were discussed.
- Watch a clip of the difference between potential and kinetic energy.
- Last night's homework was collected: Transfer of energy story.
Anyone absent needs to:
- Hand in homework when you return. Be sure to put "absent" on the top of the assignment.
- Get the notes from someone in class.
- Read Book #4 pages 124-127 for a better understanding of what you missed today.
- Law of Conservation of Energy Story was drawn out and diagramed.
- See someone in class for notes/story.
- Write or draw your own Conservation of Energy story. Be sure to include the following energy types (these are not in any particular type of order): Light, Chemical, Thermal, Nuclear and Mechanical.
- Page of Pain (questions #1-10) was given out. This is due Friday 9/13/13 or earlier.
- Current event was assigned and is due 9/30/13 or earlier. The template is attached below.
- Please encourage students to hand in both assignments above earlier to avoid problems. Neither assignment can be handed in late.
- Notes were taken on energy and work.
- See me for page of pain.
- Use attachment above for current event.
- Please see another student for the notes you missed.
· Textbooks were handed out. These are to bebrought home and kept at home until May. We have a class set in the room.
· Schedule for this year was discussed. This isattached below.
· New assignments were discussed (pages of painand current events). These will be given out next Monday. Pages of pain are homeassignments that will be given weekly. Pages of pain will be given out onMonday and due on Friday. Current events will be given out once a month at thebeginning of the month and due at the end. Neither the current even nor thepage of pain can be handed in late. Please encourage students to hand inassignments early to avoid problems.
Half day: Science orientation