Guidance - Working Papers Instructions
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Guidance > Working Papers
DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING WORKING PAPERS
Working papers need to be completed for part-time employment during the school year
and for summer employment for students from the ages of 14 through 18.
- A. PERSONAL INFORMATION: ALL INFORMATION IN THIS SECTION SHOULD BE
COMPLETED BY THE APPLICANT.
- B. EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: THE EMPLOYER MUST COMPLETE ALL
THE INFORMATIO REQUIRED AND SIGN. PARENT’S SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED.
- C. PHYSICIAN’S CERTIFICATION: NEED TO HAVE A PHYSICIAN’S SIGNATURE
FOR THIS SECTION. You can have the school nurse sign off on this section
if you had a school physical for a sport in the past year. If not, you will need
to have your family physician give you a physical and sign the form.
- D. PROOF OF AGE: The issuing officer (guidance office) will
sign off on this section if you are a student at Southern Regional. Applicants that
do not attend Southern Regional will need to be present at the time of approval
and show proof of age. (Birth Certificate)
- E. AGE CERTIFICATE--- N/A.
- F. SCHOOL RECORD – School that you attend must fill
out this section
- G. ISSUING OFFICER CERTIFICATION ---Southern Regional Guidance Office
will complete this section. Applicant should sign "SIGNATURE OF MINOR".
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT FINALIZE THE WORKING PAPERS UNLESS
ALL THE INFORMATION IS COMPLETED.
High School Students
Working papers can be certified at Southern Regional High School
Guidance Office 600 N. Main St. ( Route 9) Manahawkin, NJ 609-597-9481 Ext. 4315.
HOURS: 7:00 am to 3:00 until June 20th.
to 2:00 during the summer months
Middle School Students
Working papers can be certified by Mrs. Kathi Cheeseman at Southern Regional Middle School from 7:00am-2:00pm Monday through Thursday during July and August and during regular school hours from September to June. Mrs. Cheeseman can be contacted at 609-597-9481 x4237 to schedule an appointment
Labor Laws for Young Workers
Sample Working Papers Form