Southern Regional Home AND School Association
What is the Southern Regional Home and School Association?
The SRHSA integrates the parents, faculty and administrators of the Southern
Regional School district. Our main focus is benefitting and supporting the students and
teachers on the Southern campus, as well as to foster a strong and nurturing school
With reinforcing communication between members of the school community by way of
service to the schools and the students, we are a team with specific goals in mind.
What’s the difference between a PTA, PTO and HSA?
The national PTA is a formal membership organization. School based groups that
choose to belong to the PTA must pay dues to the state and national organizations and
abide by state and national group rules. The PTA carefully protects its name so that
only dues-paying members of the group can call themselves at PTA.
A PTO or Home & School Association represents groups that choose to remain
independent. These are most often single-school or district-level groups that operate
under their own bylaws, and by and large concern themselves with the goings-on at
their building or in their town only. HSA’s do not report to one central organization. The
monies raised by an HSA or PTO remain in the school district, and do not have to be
shared with the national PTA organization. This allows an HSA to focus exclusively on
improving and creating community at their own school district.
- To contribute to class funding for grades 7th-12th as well as adult school through fundraisers and campus events.
- To help subsidize the faculty with mini grants for various educational purposes.
- To provide scholarships graduating seniors.
- To assist a new parent(s)/guardian(s) in our school system, and provide them with the corresponding administrator(s) that can help their concerns.
- To give input on issues concerning students with disabilities for special education parent(s)/guardian(s).
Since 2000, through fundraising and membership dues, the SRHSA has accrued and
distributed over $281,500 to the Southern Regional School District.
- $3,500 annual total contribution for grades 7-adult school
- $1,280 - 5 individual mini grants for faculty classroom needs
- $500 grant to the Southern News Network (SNN)
- $500 grant to the Class of 2018
- $1,000 grant to Project Graduation
- $1,900 in scholarships for the Class of 2019 Membership
Our membership drive begins at the Middle School and HS Freshman orientations. Our representatives will also be available at the MS & HS Back to School Nights, as well as various other events during the school year on the Southern Campus.
Yearly membership is $5.00 per FAMILY. We encourage numerous parents to join in order to provide a strong financial foundation for our yearly goals.
Please fill out and submit a membership form at any of the above events or contact the SRHSA officers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings for the SRHSA are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Southern
Regional HS 11/12 building, room 107 at 7:00pm.
A reminder will be sent out each month via email and our Facebook page.
All parents, guardians and faculty members are urged to attend meetings whenever
possible to stay informed of our current events as well as to join the discussion and
offer feedback. We would be happy to hear from you!
President: Terry Durst
Vice President:Lisa Mastroianni
Treasurer: Danielle Adams
Secretary: Peggy Beck
Membership: Kathryn Bates
This year's (2019-2020) HSA fundraisers include:
- Fall Craft/Vendor Fair - December 7, 2019
@ Southern Regional High School 9/10 Gymnasium
- 9am-2pm*Vendor application available on our website*
- 4th Annual Holiday Door December 2019
Decorating Contest- December 2019 **more details to follow**
- SPRING FUNDRAISER - TBD – March 2020 - **more details to follow** - Open to ALL SRMS & SRHS students and faculty
- SUMMER FUNDRAISER - May 2020 – Thundering Surf Water Park Discount Passes
“In the News!”
2019 mini-grant recipients
|Mini Grant Winners|
Congratulations to our 2019 mini-grant recipients - May 15, 2019:
Amy Landgraf/Kathryn Bates
SRHSA held its third annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest with the middle school, 9/10 and 11/12 high schools. - January 3, 2019 and look forward to holding our Third Annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest again!
On behalf of the Southern Regional Home and School Association, we would like to thank all the students for their participation and hard work! Your enthusiasm and creativity was awesome and really contributed to the holiday spirit at Southern and made judging very difficult. Please click the link to see all the winners. We look forward to holding it again in 2019!
The winners of the 1st Annual Southern Regional Home and School March Madness Basketball Tournament
2nd Annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest Winners
2019-2020 Summer News Letter
View Attachment (SRHSA Holiday Door Winners)