Southern Regional Home AND School Association
What is the Southern Regional Home and School Association?
The SRHSA integrates the parents, faculty and administrators of the Southern Regional School district. Our main focus is benefitting and supporting the students and teachers on the Southern campus, as well as to foster a strong and nurturing school district. With reinforcing communication between members of the school community by way of service to the schools and the students, we are a team with specific goals in mind.
What’s the difference between a PTA, PTO and HSA?
The national PTA is a formal membership organization. School based groups that choose to belong to the PTA must pay dues to the state and national organizations and abide by state and national group rules. The PTA carefully protects its name so that only dues-paying members of the group can call themselves at PTA.
A PTO or Home & School Association represents groups that choose to remain independent. These are most often single-school or district-level groups that operate under their own bylaws, and by and large concern themselves with the goings-on at their building or in their town only. HSA’s do not report to one central organization. The monies raised by an HSA or PTO remain in the school district, and do not have to be shared with the national PTA organization. This allows an HSA to focus exclusively on improving and creating community at their own school district.
- To contribute to class funding for grades 7th-12th as well as adult school through fundraisers and campus events.
- To help subsidize the faculty with mini grants for various educational purposes.
- To provide scholarships graduating seniors.
- To assist a new parent(s)/guardian(s) in our school system, and provide them with the corresponding administrator(s) that can help their concerns.
- To give input on issues concerning students with disabilities for special education parent(s)/guardian(s).
Since 2000, through fundraising and membership dues, the SRHSA has accrued and distributed over $281,000 to the Southern Regional School District.
- $3,500 annual total contribution for grades 7-adult school
- $7,000 (14 individual $500) mini grants for faculty classroom needs
- $1,600 grant to Southern News Network (SNN)
- $600 grant to Class of 2017
- $500 grant to Class of 2018
- $1,000 grant to Project Graduation
- $4,450 in scholarships for the Class of 2018
Our membership drive begins at the Middle School and HS Freshman orientations. Our representatives will also be available at the MS & HS Back to School Nights, as well as various other events during the school year on the Southern Campus.
Yearly membership is $5.00 per family. We encourage numerous parents to join in order to provide a strong financial foundation for our yearly goals.
Please fill out and submit a membership form at any of the above events or contact the SRHSA officers at: email@example.com
Meetings for the SRHSA are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Southern Regional HS 11/12 building, room 107 at 7:00pm. Our 1st meeting will be September 19, 2018.
A reminder will be sent out each month via email and our Facebook page
All parents, guardians and faculty members are urged to attend meetings whenever possible to stay informed of our current events as well as to join the discussion and offer feedback. We would be happy to hear from you!
President: Terry Durst
Vice President:Lisa Mastroianni
Treasurer: Danielle Adams
Secretary: Peggy Beck
Membership: Kathryn Bates
This year's (2018-2019) HSA fundraisers include:
- Fall Craft/Vendor Fair- December 8, 2018 at the Southern Regional Middle School Cafeteria. 9am-2pm Application We are no longer accepting anymore Vendor applications because we are FULL to capacity.
3rd Annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest – December 2018 - **see your homeroom teacher for more details**
Spring Fundraiser: Monday, March 13th 2019 – “MARCH MADNESS” Basketball Tournament– Open to ALL SRMS and SRHS Faculty and Students – SRHS 11/12 Gymnasium - 6:30 pm **more details to follow**
“In the News!”
SRHSA held its second annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest with the middle school, 9/10 and 11/12 high schools. - January 3, 2018 and look forward to holding our Third Annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest again!
On behalf of the Southern Regional Home and School Association, we would like to thank all the students for their participation and hard work! Your enthusiasm and creativity was awesome and really contributed to the holiday spirit at Southern and made judging very difficult. Please click the link to see all the winners. We look forward to holding it again in 2018!
The winners of the 1st Annual Southern Regional Home and School March Madness Basketball Tournament
2nd Annual Holiday Door Decorating Contest Winners
2018-2019 Summer News Letter
View Attachment (SRHSA Holiday Door Winners)